- Use a wide-toothed afro comb for curly hair and a natyral bristle brush for relaxed hair. Combing will help spread the natural oils through the hair, making look shinier and healthier. Use intensive pre-shampoo treatments.
- Massage the scalp regularly to encourage oil production.
- Shampoo as often as you feel necessary but only lather once, using a small amount of shampoo. Rinse thoroughly. Towel-blot, dont'rub hair.
- Once a month try a hot oil treatment, which will lubricate dry scalp conditions as well as moisturize brittle hair.
- If you have delicate baby-fine hair around the hairline (sometimes from breakage, sometime an inherited trail), use a tinyround brush and a hairdryer to blend in this hair .
- Gels are good for moulding black hair into shape: choose non-oil formulas that give hair a healthy shine.
- If you use hot combs or curling tongs, make sure you you shield the hair by using a protective product.
- For extra hold and added shine use a finishing spray.
- Braided hair needs a softening shampoo that maintains the moisture balance and helps to treat and even eliminate a dry scalp.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Posted by Lisi at 11:33 pm